People fail to get along because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don’t know each other; they don’t know each other because they have not communicated with each other.
― Martin Luther King Jr.
Conscious facilitation of conflict can transform damaging dispute and tension into a source of positive learning, creativity, organizational evolution and connection. Drawing on over 20 years of mediation, Restorative Justice, and conflict facilitation experience, I support clients to transform existing conflict and to develop their capacity to transform future conflict into meaningful action and constructive change.
Specifically, I support people – from organizations and communities to couples and families – to:
- Cultivate non-reactive presence and empathic listening skills
- Gain skills for direct yet self-responsible communication and collaboration
- Find reconnection and restoration after breaks in trust and connection
- Give and receive challenging feedback consciously and constructively
- Shift relationships from energy-draining to energizing and empowering
- Develop shared agreements and processes for addressing future tensions and conflict
I offer 3 types of services:
- Live Conflict Facilitation: Hands-on mediation and group process facilitation to help individuals and groups experiencing tension or conflict come back into connection and trust.
- Training in Mediation and Conflict Transformation: In depth training in the range of skills and tools needed to transform conflict, including: empathic listening, cultivating non-reactive presence, transforming blame and anger into, and developing collaboration action plans that address the needs of all parties.
- Restorative System Development: Support to design a community-based restorative system and communication toolkit tailored to your organization or community.
In my conflict transformation work, I draw on extensive training & experience in a range of frameworks and modalities, including:
- Nonviolent Communication
- Restorative Justice
- Process Work
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Internal Family Systems
- Meditation & Mindfulness
Contact me below for a free 30 minute consultation to explore your needs and discover if we’re a good match to work together.